samedi 24 janvier 2015

Keep it straight, Keep it simple!

These past few weeks have been quite good in terms of fashion. Menswear AW 15 is bowing out while Haute Couture is showing up. We are all looking forward to drool over what Mr. Karl, amongst others, is going to offer. Meanwhile, I would like to present you, a brand that I think, you already know or heard about, Opening Ceremony.

OC Est-2002, also well known as Opening Ceremony is the Humberto Leon and Carol Lim's 14-year-old teen. No kidding, OC was launched by those great-now-AD-for-Kenzo stylists in 2005. Well the baby has grew up for the best and made his own path worldwide !
If you are that cool guy/girl who's just tired of being called an hipster or whatever, you don't think you are this person because in some way, you cannot be called by a cheesy adjective and you are soo much better than this and you want to be satisfied with your own style without being classified and..., well you understood the thing. Anyway, if you are a cool human being, this is for you !
Opening Ceremony is about an nonconformist way to be "in". Don't judge, I've got some feelings' translation issue here. I admit that is a paradox: if you are a nonconformist, there is just no way that you want to be trendy. Consequently, I think that it is about reversing the trend by keeping it simple. Sometimes, in front of my "wardrobe's door" (relatively), I wonder:" Do I try too hard to get dressed up ?" Or is it my perfectionist side ? "Unintentionally, do I follow some kind of trend ?"... I usually end up being late but except from that, I end up wishing for a brand that could be as simple, complex, pernickety and barmy as me. OC might be the one !

The collections below are men's fashion week AW 15 and S/S 15 which were presented in London. You will understand what I meant by reversing the trend by keeping it simple.


  • Fall/Winter 15: A great camel coat is always necessary to fight the coldest days. However, the greatest point about the pieces is the nod to photography. During most of the 20th, Kodak was one of the most dominant company on the photographic film's market but unfortunately didn't make it through the digital photography's coming. The rainbow turtleneck jumper brings brightness to the outfit. Moreover, as the camel was not enough, the long black-and-white coat, stamped of Spike Jonze's archive, gives a nostalgic look that I didn't expect. Finally, OC gives a groovy side to its AW15 man-to-be with the elasticized camel pant hems. Not to mention the match between the eyes' model and the blue bomber, the blue leather jacket is my favourite piece for its not-so-much hiked up sleeves and its particular deep blue. 






  • Spring/Summer 15: As a fan of their work for Kenzo, I have to admit that I miss Leon and Lim's brightness in AW 15. Don't get me wrong, OC and Kenzo have two completely different identities. However, wherever you are, you never lose your soul right ? Anyway, as the heat of a soft summer, you might be attracted to the uncluttered colours and prints that OC offers. The printed anorak is surely my favourite piece!





photo credit: courtesy / openingceremony.us (Don't miss their sales on their website!)

As a conclusion, you keep it simple in order to keep it real! Be yourself.

Don't forget to post a com or subscribe!
NGBH. 


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Did you like it ?